Our Guest: Patrick McGovern from Bowery Capital, an early-stage venture capital firm focused exclusively on founders looking to modernize business through technology.
- Common patterns emerge when seed-stage companies sell into enterprises.
- Pat's insights on investment criteria for early stage vertical SaaS - can you reach $50m in ARR in a short period of time
- Pat's viewpoints on the dynamic of founders who choose verticals that are too narrow in relation to the requirements of raising venture money
- How should vertical SaaS companies evaluate their metrics using compared to broader, horizontal-oriented benchmarks?
- Pat's viewpoint on AI in vertical SaaS
- Bowery Capital's typical check sizes + three types of deals
- Pat's perspective on an ideal founder
- The rationale behind a vertical SaaS founder opting for VC funding instead of bootstrapping
About Cloud Returns by Cloud Ratings:
Cloud Returns covers ALL types of software investing, whether seed, venture capital, growth equity, private equity, debt, and the public markets.
Our host - Matt Harney - is active on Twitter @saasletter and writes "SaaSletter", an investing-oriented SaaS newsletter on Substack.
About Cloud Ratings:
Cloud Ratings is a customer outcomes-focused, data-driven software research analyst firm. We exist to allow organizations to make more confident, lower-risk software purchasing decisions.
Our Cloud Ratings Category Reports combine user reviews with verified vendor data to impartially identify leading software products. Recent report examples include: Subscription Management Software, Session Replay Software, Sales Compensation Software, and Digital Sales Room Software
Built upon investigative customer interviews, our True ROI Reports quantify and provide 3rd party validation of a software product’s business value.